Thursday, September 25, 2014

Persepolis - Connection Captain

In the book Persepolis There were many sections that reminded me of current events and things that have happened personally in my life.

In this book the people are fighting for what they believe in. Everyday wars like this are fought. Today Malala Yousafzai, is a 17 year old Muslim fighting for women rights in education. Everyday she wakes up and fights this war. And this is what the people in Persepolis are doing.  Both groups might die for what they believe in. Both groups wake up a fight their own war everyday.

http://www.picgifs.com/clip-art/tug-of-war/clip-art-tug-of-war-914382-687687/



But there were many other sections that reminded me of things that have happened personally.

In this story, Marjane goes out with her nanny to a demonstration. Her mother go so mad and worried,  she slapped both Marjane and her nanny across the face. In this event Marjane was doing the wrong things but, to her, the right reasons. I have done the wrong thing for the right reasons. I have lied to a friend to protect both people at the same time. You are taught to always be honest to everyone when you are younger. But, as you grow up you realise, you don't always have a choice. I had to lie because if I didn't, my friend would've gotten her feeling extremely hurt. I couldn't have that, because was extremely close to me. In the end though the lie cam out. And that was the slap across my face.

http://www.usnews.com/dims4/USNEWS/4964afa/2147483647/resize/652x%3E/quality/85/?url=%2Fcmsmedia%2Fa1%2F5e5b700c7b8b37757fab25918462c3%2F11115FE_PR_090518health.lying.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment